You spent the last hour banging your keyword, shooting one word after another, putting up together an awesome blog post full of golden nuggets for people to learn, the story just flows perfectly and it’s done. You choose the category, input some tags, insert images into the blog post, double check the URLs, put up a meta description and it’s now time for the big finale. You PUBLISH the blog post.
Now that’s an exciting feeling to publish a blog post, a feeling of achievement when you publish a valuable piece. So, you take a quick break and then start looking at your traffic stats, what a surprise no one is reading your blog post. Yes, your work is far from done, now you need to go out there and promote your blog post and in this blog post I will show you how to do just that.
Driving Traffic To Your Blog Post
After I publish a blog post I have a whole ritual that I do.
- Share the blog post on my Facebook fanpage
- Write a tweet
- Share it on Google+
- Bookmark it on Delicious
- Digg my blog post
- Stumble my blog post
- Share it on LinkedIn
- Pin all the images
- Scoop my blog post
- And bonus method set up a digital paper at http://paper.li/ , you set it and forget it.
I do this for all of my blog posts, if I think that my blog post is really worth sharing then I do the level 2 sharing activities.
- I put a link on IMFacePlate http://www.imfaceplate.com/
- Share it on http://inbound.org/
- Share it on http://www.bizsugar.com/
- Share it on http://thruzt.com
- Share it on http://bloginteract.com
There are a lot more of this type of sites out there, some are more niche specific, some are more general. These are more orientated to internet marketing and these are the ones that I use. You can find more of these, if you like.
If I really feel that I had put up an exceptional blog post then I do the level 3 sharing.
- Write up a tweet that I want people to share and assign some credits: http://www.justretweet.com/
- Do the same here: http://viralcontentbuzz.com/
These two are some cool sites to drive up some traffic from social media.
- Also put and ad on http://www.cashblurbs.com
- Share my blog on dozens of bookmarking sites using http://socialmonkee.com
- Share on http://socialadr.com/
And sometime I really feel like sharing my content and I do the level 4 sharing.
I convert my article into a PDF file and share it on
There’s a ton more slide sharing sites out there, but, if you don’t have an auto submitting software I don’t recommend to use any more sites than these two industry leading sites, because it takes some time to share your slides, but if you want feel free to share on more slide sharing sites.
And the ultimate way to share your content is to shoot an email to your list of subscribers of course, if you have one.
So, if you want to get more eyeballs on your new blog post then follow through these steps and you will definitely get more exposure.