Google Docs is a free file creation, storage, and management service from the search engine giant. You can use also use it to share your online files with other individual by various methods as well as use it for a platform for simultaneous editing. File formats supported by Google Docs include but are not limited to files created using Adobe, Microsoft, and even AutoCAD.
In spite of the numerous helpful features of Google Docs, a lot of people do have problems navigating around it. If you feel the same, you may want to consider using KumoSync to manage your files on Google Docs.
KumoSync – What Is It and What Can It Do for You?
KumoSync is a desktop application you can download and use absolutely for free. It provides you with an alternative for accessing and managing your files on Google Docs.
KumoSync – How to Set Up Your Account
Prior to downloading and installing the application, be sure that you have the following available in your computer or laptop:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or a higher version
- 32 or 64-bit version of Windows 7, Vista, or XP
If you have both, then you’ll be able to download and install KumoSync successfully. Upon opening the application, you will be prompted to create a new account.
- You can use a hosted email account configured for Google Apps or your Google email (Gmail) account.
- You can use KumoSync to manage Google Docs associated with multiple email accounts.
For real-time changes to be synchronized between KumoSync and Google Docs, you will also need to choose which folder in your desktop or computer would be synced with your Google Docs account.
KumoSync – Top Features to Enjoy
With Kumo Sync, files stored in Google Doc will be updated in real-time based on whatever changes you have performed on the same files using KumoSync. If there’s a file you’ve added, then the same file will be uploaded to Google Docs. This will effectively reduce the amount of time you spend creating, uploading, removing, and modifying files.
However, that’s just one of the many features that KumoSync offers. As you’ve seen earlier, it’s also easy to set up, configure, and manage. Other features you can enjoy from KumoSync include the following:
- Multiple sync locations: You can identify various folders and sub-folders for syncing.
- Delete confirmation: Manual confirmations are required to add better security and protection for files before being deleted.
- Revisions: Enjoy track changes for certain types of files as provided by Google Drive.
- Auto-conversion: Similar to how you upload your files to Google Docs, KumoSync also provides auto-conversion of supported files that you upload or save to synced folders and sub-folders.
As you can see, KumoSync can be a tremendous help to managing the files of your online business. However, if you have a hard time accessing Google Docs and making KumoSync, this may be due to inadequate broadband access from your current plan. You may want to consult a Broadband Expert to ensure that your Internet service is suitable for your needs.
About The Author:
Krystine Joy Sitjar is a blog owner as well as freelance writer. She enjoys writing blog posts about Tech and SEO.