Internet marketing has become an indispensable part of the mainstream marketing stratagem of practically every business organization across the world. The reason of its widespread acceptance as an integral arm of business productivity is the limitless potential it has got to reach out to millions of niche consumers in all parts of the world.
It is very important for internet marketers or other professionals like affiliate marketers to understand some basic internet marketing concepts and tips to use them for commercial gain.
Therefore, people should be aware of some of the most common online marketing terms followed by the tips to use them effectively.
Here are some of those:
Emails: In marketing terminology, email marketing analysis is also known as email metrics. Some of the terms associated with it are as follows:
- Bounces – Basically, emails get bounced back if the recipient address entered, is wrong. People whose mails are getting bounced back frequently, should check the email address of all the recipients immediately.
- Opens – It reveals the number of emails opened and read by the receivers.
- Non-responders – It reveals the data about people who ignored the email altogether.
Google AdWords: The study of this sort of pay-per-click affiliate marketing program is called as Google AdWords metrics. Some of its most common terms have been discussed below:
- Average position – This lets a researcher know about the strategic placement of each ad in the search engine results page or the SERP.
- CTR or the Click through rate – It tells the percentage of online visitors who clicked on a particular ad.
Social media marketing tips
Internet marketers should follow the below mentioned social media marketing tips to make their website a commercial success:
- Resources – Before starting off with a social media marketing campaign, one should be ready with all the necessary resources to make it a big success. There should be a slew professionals like web-content writers, social media managers or community forum managers, social media marketers and so on to look after the entire day-to-day activities on the web.
- Target – Business owners should make out what they want out of their social media campaign. They should plan their activities well in advance, so that their efforts are converted into real business.
- Online surfers – Social media marketing planners should be well conversant about the people who fall in their business niche. They must know the surfing habit of their target visitors and learn how these people spend their time on the Internet.
Moreover, social media marketing strategist should know how to engage their audience and make the forum a lot more fun and exciting place to be.